Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The waiting game


Having exercised little patience during my last month pregnant with Sophia I have committed my entire pregnancy with Leona to a greater effort toward patience and contentment. Ask my husband and parents and they may tell you differently, but I AM trying to be cooler about this one.

At 38 weeks I feel no signs of labor only increased heaviness and the inhibition of physical strength to make life fun for my kids right now. As a result they're watching more TV/movie replays than I would prefer. Don't even ask how much we're frequenting meals out and McDees.

This pregnancy will also be different in that I have been seeing a midwife and planned to deliver at a birthing center unmedicated. Mostly because I hate being trapped at the hospital and all the opinionated nurses who tell me what I feel or how ready I am to go home. No offense to L&D and post-partum nurses, but ya'll have a professional committment to hospital procedure which is primarily developed due to liability issues that do not pertain to every birthing mother and when I bring my babe into the world I don't want to be lumped into that scenario anymore.


The idea of adding a third munchkin to our family has been alarming and uncertain, but that's pretty much how all of our children have entered our life - bringing Mommy and Daddy to the cross and seeking God's provision and wisdom. Although our family planning has been anything but, God has apparently had a plan all this time and that is reassuring to me. Really the last several years have been very much a matter of God's planning apart from mine or Adam's there's no telling what the next several more will bring. God is always present and always promising our protection with unconditional love and that is absolutely enough to calm the most uncertain of times.














No comments: