Monday, June 28, 2010

One big happy



Well we officially have three babes in the house along with a set of wonderfully loving grandparents and a dingo-mut fox dog named Zulu. It really is beginning to feel like the Waltons around here.

After starting what I hoped was early labor last Wednesday my mom made a comment at the dinner table, "Well tomorrow we may have 7 for dinner!" Sure enough Miss Leona arrived the next morning and we were back home for dinner that evening. THIS is why I chose to give birth at a birthing center. Call me crazy but I wanted to have an un-induced, un-medicated birth so I could go home for dinner afterward.....



While appreciating the personal challenge of natural birth it is by far one of the most challenging things I've ever undertaken. I have a feeling the self-application will continue to transform my perspective on pain, suffering and all those ingenious methods God uses for His glory. God shined in my labor and carried me when I felt I could not go any further. I know my friends and family were all praying for me as well which was evident in the blessing of a rather quick delivery once things progressed.


I am in awe of experiencing another beautiful babe of God's creation and intricate design. Leona is small and delicate baby figuring out her body and space just like her older brother and sister have. It is a fascinating scene to see some of their traits in her and also see some of her own. For now she reads similar to Daniel - super gassy, eats like a horse and falls asleep virtually anywhere.

Thank you Lord for the many blessing all each of these children and bless sweet Leona as she grows.

1 comment:

Sarah Pete said...

Congrats Alyssa! She's absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet her :)