Thursday, June 5, 2014

This place grows cold and empty

What kind of words can I use to describe this place?  A broken heart is such an overdone theme.  This image is a feeble attempt at mending but knowing it'll never be quite the same.  Ugh!  It's like I'm stuck in the chorus of another sad song.  No changes, distractions, or hope for some deterring agenda will take me away from this place and yet I truly wish to leave it with every notion I've left to feel.  It's homesick for a home that didn't even exist.  It's the trap door that doesn't seem to relatch.  It's battling a flatline that seems like the only means of surviving.  

Psalm 22:14-15
I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death.

2 Samuel 22:31This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

Job 5:18 For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.

No comments: