Saturday, July 27, 2013

Disfigured

Recently I've been feeling misplaced, uncomfortable in my own skin, disfigured.  What I knew and what I thought I knew has altogether become a feeling of being lost in my physical world.  Sounds pretty intense I guess but I'm never sold on the absolute temptation of those feelings. 

I'm not sold because of this:

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

My personal mantra: "This is not my
home, this is not my home..."

My physical heart beats for these lives:
They are the greatest call to my faith and willingness to stand against the strongest waves of earthly disillusion.  I imagine they themselves will inflict a great sense of disillusion and I will disillusion them with my human incapacity.  

But God...

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

Amen

No comments: