Friday, August 9, 2013

Adventures in Motherhood

I don't claim to have any answers in this journey of motherhood.  I trial and error with my kids every moment of every day by the grace of God they are safe and finding good reasons to smile in this life. 

Today, while venturing something new with all four I questioned every moment of my leading them with me to this big uncertain place.  I was impressed with them.  They respected the foreign nature of their environment and trusted every boundary I gave them.  In hindsight I wish I had relied more on the Lord, during the many moments of insecurity and the unknown.  I wish I had prayed with the kids before we stepped foot out of the car.  I wish I were more predisposed to faith instead of fret.
It is so perpetually generous of God to always be watching, caring, protecting even when we don't give Him a single thought for hours at a time.  

"Thank you dear Lord for keeping me and my four precious children safe and surrounded by your overwhelming love today and always.  Thank You God!"
They are in God's sovereign hands. 

No comments: